I am available throughout the year for Meet the Author sessions or Writing Workshops with schools, libraries and other interested groups and for events like Children’s Book Week, literature days and Writers’ Festivals. I normally charge the rates as recommended by the Australian Society of Authors and have included below the list of fees from their website.
Because I’m based in Perth, Western Australia, travel expenses to country areas and other states would need to be covered.
You can either phone or email me to discuss a visit.
0408 932 196 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates and Conditions
These rates were last updated in December 2010. The ASA sets recommended minimum rates for writers and illustrators working in the Australian market. These rates recognise the time and effort that go into writing, book illustration and public appearances. Members are encouraged to negotiate fees that are higher than the minimum.
Speaking and teaching
These rates apply for literary festivals, residencies, writers’ centres, tertiary institutions, and other public appearances except for schools.
- Whole day (max. 6 hours) $880
- Half day (max. 3 hours) $550
- Per session (max. 1 hour) $350
- Weekly rate (max. 5 days – average 6 hours per day) $3675
Schools (primary and secondary)
A group should comprise of no more than 60 students per session. A single session can be 60 minutes but where there are multiple sessions each should be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Whole school day (max. 3 hours) $600
- Half school day (max. 1.5 hours) $450
- Per school session (max. 1 hour) $300
- Weekly school rate (max. 5 days – average 3 hours per day) $2500 – NB: this discounted rate applies only if the booking is for one school, for a one-week block.
Each session should be no longer than 45 minutes.
- Whole school day (max. 3 hours) $550
- Half school day (max. 1.5 hours) $400
- Per school session (max. 1 hour) $250
- Weekly school rate (max. 5 days – average 3 hours per day) $2100
Travel costs should be paid, when appropriate, in addition to the above fees for public appearances.
- Accommodation (overnight) $120 per day
- Meals $60 per day
- Subsidy for use of own car 63c per km
- Allowance for travel time (2-6 hours) $50 per hour
- More than 6 hours travel time per day $300